* New for 2020 *
We have decided to revamp our raft race this year with a new and exciting format! Rather than building a small raft on the day, we invite teams to register and build their own raft in advance so that it can be bigger, fancier and more spectacular. The course will also be longer, starting from Welsh Bridge and heading downstream to Porthill Bridge.
But, there are some rules for your raft:
- Your vessel must not have any motorized parts and will be a maximum size of 2.5m x 4m.
- You will need to provide your own equipment to propel the vessel.
- All competitors must provide their own life jackets.
- Your vessel must be made and prepared before the event, and transported to the Marina slipway for registration between 2-2.30pm on the day.
The race will start at 3pm, and there will be a safety boat in the water throughout.
Entry fee and minimum donation:
- £200 for corporate teams (corporate branding may be used at the event)
- £100 for private individual teams
There is also an additional minimum £100 charity donation towards The Shrewsbury Ark.
To take part in the Rickety Raft Race, please download your registration and sponsorship forms here and return them along with your entry fee and charity donation.
Although a safety boat will be present, all competitors must accept all safety and personal liability for their own team members and vessel.
We are excited to see your creations!